Director for Communications and Development
Job summary: Under general direction of the Executive Director, the Director for Communications & Development is responsible for fostering a culture of philanthropy within the organization and for maintaining and enhancing the organization’s brand. This position plans, directs, and coordinates the Arts Center’s fundraising and communications initiatives. This is a full-time position.
Start Date: July 1, 2021
Salary: $40,000 (health insurance available)
Principle Responsibilities: Communications
– Create and implement annual marketing plan
– Develop written and online communication, including content for programs, all marketing pieces and development
– Manage attendance data
– Manage class and program data, documentation and reports
– Fill classes, events, and programs
– Help create visual marketing materials, with Visual Arts Director
– Be present at some programs and events (sometimes presenting information to audiences)
– Identify current and potential audiences and gear marketing towards segmented audiences
– Develop and coordinate means to seek input from Art Center audiences and report input
– Coordinate Art Center participation in special events specifically related to community outreach
– Coordinate and help develop Art Center merchandise
– Develop promotional activities with the goal of enhancing the Art Center brand and increasing community involvement in programs, exhibits, and events
-Manage printing and signs
– Create social-media plan for the Art Center
– Manage and create content for Facebook, Instagram and any other Art Center social media platforms
– Provide analytics for social media, web and constant contact correspondence
– Create and manage web content and domains
– Serve as liaison for web manager, domain management etc.
Principle Responsibilities: Development
– Help create and implement annual development plan
– With Executive Director, manage sponsorship program including cultivation, sponsorship levels and recognition
– Manage grant program including research, grant writing and reporting
– With Executive Director, manage individual donations program, including cultivation, processing and recognition
– Manage donor data
– Manage volunteer program & recruit volunteers to fill identified needs
– Build and manage Art Center Planned Giving program
– Help manage existing and create new fundraising events and opportunities
– Manage donor data and create reports
Minimum job requirements:
– Excellent written and speaking skills.
– Excellent interpersonal skills with a desire to meet and greet people.
– Self-directed and goal driven.
– Strong organizational and time management skills.
– Ability to work effectively in partnership with people of diverse cultural backgrounds.
– Strong negotiation and teamwork skills.
– Interest in the arts.
– Computer literate and proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Dropbox, and Facebook.
– Valid Kentucky driver’s license.
– Willing to work the occasional non-standard work schedule including nights and weekends.
– Possess a compatible commitment to the Arts Center’s brand personality: smart, dynamic, innovative, passionate, civic-minded, gracious, and approachable.
– A bachelor’s degree is required or 5 years of development and communications experience.
Disclaimer: This job description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job. The responsibilities, tasks, and duties of the jobholder might differ from those outlined in this job description and other duties, as assigned, might be part of the job.
Please send cover letter, resume, references and a writing sample (up to 500-word example of professional writing) to Niki@artcenterky.org.
Interviews begin May 1, 2021