arts administration fellowship
Job summary: Under general direction of the Executive Director, the Non-Profit Fellow will gain experience in multiple areas of nonprofit arts administration, including visitor engagement, data entry, gallery sales, research, project coordination, social media management, and marketing. The fellowship is a non-exempt position that will last one year with the potential for a second-year renewal. This is a full-time position with an annual salary of $27,000.
Minimum job requirements:
- Requires a bachelor’s degree.
- Must be very comfortable working and interacting with people.
- Must have excellent written and speaking communication skills to effectively communicate with visitors, artists, and other staff members.
- Strong organizational and time management skills required.
- Must be computer literate and proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Proficiency in Facebook, Instagram and other social media outlets preferred.
- Must be willing to work non-standard work hours including evenings and weekends.
- Must have an interest in the arts.
- The qualified candidate must possess a compatible commitment to the Arts Center’s brand personality: welcoming, respectful, inclusive, creative, innovative and passionate about art and artists.
Please send resume and cover letter to: Niki Kinkade, firstname.lastname@example.org
Review of resumes begins March 1, 2020 and continues until position is filled.
Start Date: Between graduation and early June, 2020
Arts Exploration Camp Programming Intern
The Arts Center seeks one or more engaging and motivated student interns to play a key leadership role in implementing our summer 2020 Arts Exploration Camp. This internship can last anywhere from 2 to 10 weeks (your choice of weeks.)
Summer education interns will:
- Brainstorm ideas for creative art projects that fit within our identified camp themes;
- Create project prototypes and trouble-shoot projects to ensure they are age-appropriate and accessible to students of various abilities;
- Lead camp activities, both independently and in partnership with professional artists;
- Engage with campers, creating positive relationships to help ensure a successful, fun experience for our students;
- Perform other tasks to support the Executive Director.
Significant arts experience is NOT required for this position, but experience working with children is a must. We are looking for interns who are friendly, outgoing, responsible, and able to work independently.
Interested applicants should contact Niki Kinkade at email@example.com. This is an unpaid internship. Click here for a list of our 2020 art camps.
Art Camp Volunteers
Leadership opportunities are available for high school students (ages 14 and up) as camp volunteers. Camp volunteers are asked to commit to an entire camp session – either five or two days, depending on the camp.