The GoodGiving Guide Challenge kicks off Nov. 1 and we here at the Community Arts Center are beyond excited to be participating for the first time! We’ve been getting a lot of questions about what it is and how it works, so here’s a breakdown of everything you need to know:
1. Itâ€™s ENTIRELY online. Donations are accepted through www.goodgivingguide.net.
2. It was started two years ago by the Bluegrass Community Foundation and Smiley Pete Publishing as a way to promote local causes online, raising not only funds but also awareness for non-profits throughout central Kentucky
3. The GoodGiving Guide Challenge is open to Boyle County non-profits for the first time this year â€“ and the Community Arts Center is participating!
4. Funds raised by the Arts Center will go toward educational programs, inside our building and out in the community
5. The Arts Center will be sharing donor stories, thanking our supporters and making other announcements weekly â€“ maybe even daily! â€“ throughout the Challenge. Make sure you follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest, and subscribe to our enews so that you wonâ€™t miss a thing!
6. Youâ€™re invited to our Launch Party! Arts Center staff and advocates will be at V the Market Friday, Nov. 1 from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m., handing out free food, chatting about our programs and answering questions about the Challenge. Please stop by!
7. Weâ€™re also hosting an info session before the Challenge even begins. Come to the Arts Center Thursday, Oct. 24 at 6 p.m. if youâ€™re interested in learning more about GoodGiving Guide Challenge and becoming an advocate for the Arts Center!
9. You can give multiple times throughout the challenge, to the same nonprofit or to as many as you like.
10. If youâ€™re not comfortable giving out credit card info online, you can purchase a giving card from the Bluegrass Community Foundation using this form and redeem it online, just like a gift card!
11. The first 10 non-profits to raise $7,500 from 50 unique donors of $25 or more will receive an additional $7,500 match. Thatâ€™s why your support on Nov. 1 is so important to us!
There you have it! If you have questions or still need more information, call or email our development director Carrie at 859-236-4054 or email@example.com.