- March 2020 – Kids Art Show of the Bluegrass
featuring artwork by area students
- April & May 2020 – 2020 Vision
an abstract invitational exhibit
- June & July 2020 – State of Kentucky Photography Exhibition
a juried exhibit of photographs by Kentucky artists of Kentucky subjects
- August 2020 – En Plein Air
featuring all-new artwork by the Plein Air Artists of Central KY.
KIDS ART SHOW of the bluegrass
The Art Center of the Bluegrass is excited to present the Kids Art Show of the Bluegrass to be held March 5-28, 2020. This will be a regional art exhibition showcasing the talent of elementary school students in Boyle, Garrard, Lincoln, and Mercer counties.
Art teachers may select up to 10 works per school to be exhibited. If you are an art teacher that teaches at multiple schools, you’ll be able to select 10 pieces from each of your schools. Any visual art media (with the exception of video) may be presented. The work must be delivered to the Art Center of the Bluegrass ready to exhibit by Friday, February 28. Early deliveries are acceptable, but late entries will not be exhibited.
Teachers should contact Brandon Long (email@example.com) if interested in participating!
- Friday, February 28 – Deadline for student work to be turned in (by 7:00pm) Earlier deliveries are acceptable.
- Monday-Wednesday March 2-4 – Work will be installed (assistance by teachers is appreciated, but not required)
- Friday, March 6 – Opening Reception for the Kids Art Show of the Bluegrass (5:30-7:00pm). Please plan to attend and remember to invite your star students that you have selected to showcase. This event is FREE and open to the public.
- Saturday, March 28 – Last day of the exhibition
- Monday – Friday, March 30-April 3 –Please pick up and return student work.
Call to Artists
2020 Danville Art Festival at Constitution Square – This event will showcase artisans and crafters through two days of art sales, artist demonstrations, hands-on art activities, and regional food and drink vendors.
We are currently accepting applications for artist vendors. Please click here for more details and access to our online application form.
The 2020 State of Kentucky Photography Exhibition will be on display from June 4 to July 24, 2020. All work for this show must be by a Kentucky artist with a Kentucky subject matter. The juror will be asked to select photographs that best represent the “state” of Kentucky, both in terms of place and state of being. In this exhibition, visual narrative – or a photograph’s ability to tell a story, will be an important factor in the juror’s selection process.
Before applying, please familiarize yourself with the full exhibit prospectus. Click here to view.
Your $20 application fee allows you to enter up to 3 works. Apply now by clicking here! (You will need to create an online account in order to apply. If you have any trouble, contact Brandon Long – firstname.lastname@example.org.)
May 1 postmark/entry deadline
May 15 notifications emailed
May 30 deadline to receive accepted works
June 4 to July 24 exhibition dates
June 4 opening reception: 5:30pm to 8pm
1st place – $300
2nd place – $150
3rd place – $75