- New Birth…New Growth…New Beginnings – April 21 to May 29, 2021
a juried exhibition celebrating the renewal of spring. See entry details below.
- En Plein Air – Fall 2021
new artwork by the Plein Air Artists of Central Kentucky
Call to Artists
The Art Center is currently accepting applications for two different spring events. Please read the details below carefully to decide which fits with your artwork. Artists are welcome to submit applications for both the Spring Sale and the New Birth…New Growth…New Beginnings exhibit but MUST submit SEPARATE applications for each. There is no cost to enter either opportunity.
Overview: WIth the arrival of spring, people get the fever to buy lots of stuff for their yards, gardens and porches. We want to capture some of that energy and encourage people to purchase handmade items.
The Spring Sale will feature pots for plants (all sizes, indoor and outdoor varieties, with and without plants and succulents), garden stakes, garden sculptures and statues, outdoor lamps, outdoor fountains, suncatchers, rain chains, rain barrels, bird baths, decorative garden rocks, rairy garden accessories, and more. If you have an idea that is not listed here, please feel free to share it with us!
– Drop Off: Monday, April 19th. If you cannot drop off on the 19th, we can make arrangements to drop off prior to the 19th. We will not accept work after the 19th.
– The Sale will run from Wednesday, April 21 – Saturday, May 29. All work must be picked up Between 3:00 – 5:00pm on May 29th or Tuesday, June 1 between 11am – 7pm. We will not hold work after June 1st.
– If you are interested in having items in this sale, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and I will send you an inventory form. There will be limited spots available so let me know soon if you would like to participate.
– The Art Center will facilitate all sales transactions and retain a 30% commission for each sale. You will receive a check for your sales twice during the Sale.
new birth…new growth…new beginnings
Overview: The Art Center of the Bluegrass is seeking original artwork the reflects the renewal of spring. We are seeking larger works for this exhibit, which will be displayed in the Grand Hall from April 21 to May 29, 2021. Minimum size for inclusion is 18″ x 24″ and work cannot have been previously exhibited/displayed at the Art Center. All work should be for sale. The Art Center will facilitate all sales transactions and retain a 30% commission for each sale.
March 18 – Deadline to submit entries
March 19 – Notification of Accepted Work
April 19 – Deadline for delivering work to the Art Center. Mailed works also due on this date. If you cannot drop off on the 19th, we can make arrangements to drop off prior to the 19th. We will not accept work after the 19th.
May 29th and June 1st – Pickup of hand-delivered works. We will not hold work after June 1st.
To apply for this show send an email to: email@example.com and include the following information:
– Artist Name, Email, Cell Phone, Address
– Title of the Piece
– Price of Piece (be sure to allow for the Art Center’s 30% commission. The price you list is the price that will appear to the public.)
– Date Completed
– Photo of the piece attached to the email.
You may enter up to 3 pieces. Send a seperate email for each piece you wish to enter.